Monday, September 25, 2006

Morning person or night owl???

Definitely a morning person. When did I notice this about myself??? Not sure.

Growing up, I do remember waking up at the crack of dawn to the sound of my Father whistling as he walked down the hallway and I would think...Is he crazy??? Then it turned into me getting up with him for breakfast or picking berries on the weekends. Had to get out early before the heat.

My college years are full of memories of my classes being at 8:00, 9:00, and 10:00 and being finished with my day before some of the girls on the hallway even started theirs.

After college I always started working at 7:00...again, early.

Now that I am "all grown up", I still get up early. During the week, I sometimes rise before the sun to meet the other eleven children that come to my home for the day. On the weekends, my children rise early and I am the one who gets up with them. Something about that groggy look, warm skin, asking for milk, and snuggling while they drink it before they fully arise and turn into crazy people that I like.

Is it circumstantial??? Well, I would love to have a morning to sleep in and I sometimes do but most of the time, I am the early one and my husband the night one. I do like it, wouldn't change it, and it is a satisfying feeling to get so much done before noon. I would love to be more "nightly" but I pay the price the next morning when I have two big blue eyes (sometimes four when they double-team me) staring at me asking for their milk and a snuggle. Gotta get up early for that!!!!!

1 comment:

Glynis said...

I think I've always been a morning person, too. And once I accepted it about myself, I've really learned to enjoy that morning time. Great post!