Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Designer???

If you could have a designer come into a room of your house and redecorate it for you, which room would it be and what would you ask them for?


Let's see....this question is pretty unfair for me since I am ALMOST FINISHED!!!! Let me explain....

In May, I started a construction project with turning my two car garage into my classroom. After a couple months, lots of banging, yellow paint, hardwood floors, french doors, and workers in and out, it is finished. A lot of children (here and in the future) will benefit from the headaches that Jeff and I went through.

Now, I am almost complete with all of my little projects that were planned for Sept. Nicholas's room is painted...just have to straighten a couple stripes..., my bathroom is painted and put back together, and my bedroom is painted and ready to be lived in again...just have to hang pictures. I have waited so long to have these things done and the opportunity presented itself when Jeff and the kids left. I suppose I didn't need anyone to come in, I needed three people to get out!!! (Those of you who know me, I just cracked myself up)!!!!

My classroom needed to be hired out but I had the fortunate experience of having a friend help me paint. Thanks Meg K...if you are reading this. I know now that I never have to hire out again. I won't have to paint for quite some time!!! :-)

My house for now is finished but if you want to talk lawns, Landscape Design would be at the top of my list.

4 comments:

carin.c said...

Helloooo...I can use some painters over here!!!... The paint's been waiting to be opened for several months now! LOL!

loonyhiker said...

Your classroom sounds neat! What kind of classrom will it be? Maybe you wrote this on an earlier blog and I'm sorry if I missed it. As a teacher, I was interested in a 2 car garage/classroom.

Meg said...

Oh, a landscape designer! Great idea! I want a large playground (with automatically swinging swings) and a pool and trees with a hammock in between and lots of lawn and flowers and, and, and....

Unknown said...

Now you can hire yourself out as a professional, lol. would love to see pictures, especially of the classroom. And to hear more about it.