Monday, March 15, 2010

Shamrock Half Marathon

We did it! Year 2 of the Shamrock N Half Marathon!!! Yeah us!!!
Jeff, the kids and I left Saturday afternoon, grabbed lunch, and headed to Sacramento. The weather there was downright COLD, I had worries about the daylight savings time since I was the first runner of our relay, but everything went better than planned. Race day, the weather was chilly to begin but warmed up to be a beautiful day.

The kids had fun at dinner with their friends, watched a movie before bed, woke up early for breakfast and braved the cold to be a great cheering section.

My cheerleaders bright and early on Sunday morning!!

Jeffrey and I pre-race. So happy Jeffrey came with me this year! Maybe next year he'll run!!!
(doubtful but maybe) :-)


My relay partner, Julie! Out of 183 all female relay teams, she and I came in 135th. Great race for us! Well, this race really is one of my favorites. Great scenery, great friends, the kids always have fun, and it's so nice to get away although it seems to go by so quickly. Our official time for 13.1 miles was 2:37.32. I completed my 7 mile leg in 1:20. Pretty good for me! I'll take it! Yeah us!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You go,
Michelle!!!! Yay!
Amy