Friday, March 12, 2010

Busy Weekend

Tonight after all of the daycare children go home and the family (ours and extended) have finished our dinner, the children will head off to sleep and I will be busy organizing and packing for our weekend. Some weekends seem to slip by without a single thing planned and other weekends seem to have so much packed in them that I wonder how it will all get done. This will be a busy one for us.

Saturday will start with a short workout for me and then rushing to make Isabella's last cheerleading event for the season. Her game starts at 9:00 with Nicholas's last basketball game starting at 10:00. Both of them have enjoyed playing and cheerleading so much. With 2 children in 2 different events and sometimes at 2 different venues, Saturday mornnings have been pretty full. Although the season seemed so long, now that it has come down to the last games, I'm sad to see it end, as are the children.

After cheering on the kids one last time, it's home to have lunch and pack the car for our 2 hour drive to Sacramento. Sunday morning I'm running in the Shamrock N Half Marathon. :-) Last year I competed as the second part of a relay team, running 6 somewhat hilly miles and this year I'm the starting leg, 7 miles hopefully flat. This is one of my most favorite races of the year. A group of friends make the drive, check into our hotel, enjoy a great family dinner Sat night, and run early Sunday morning. The children cheer us on donning their Shamrock shirts, shamrock tattoos, (this year I bought Shamrock headbands) and the adults compete. This year all of the adults will complete the full half marathon...13.1 miles...except for Julie and I who are doing it is a relay. I'm already so excited!!!

Immediately after the race, it's back to the hotel to shower, then back to the finish line to cheer on my friends. Around noon, it's back in the car to head home because the children have an awards ceremony at 2:30 for the end-of-the-year Upward Basketball and Cheerleading.

I'm tired already and I haven't even begun to pack. Busy busy weekend!!! I can't wait to update with photos!!

I don't have Nicholas's Upward picture but here's my Cheerific Cheerleader....


1 comment:

Grandma Cheyann said...

My sweet little cheerleader.
Love Grandma Cheyann