Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The book I'm reading right now/just read is teaching me...



I read this book about a year ago and LOVED it...amidst all of the controversy. I couldn't put it down and have let friends borrow it who have said the same thing. It was strictly "for fun" reading. I remember thinking that this man has gone through so much and had the strength to go through so much more because of pure determination. He is recovering and will continue to battle demons every day of his life. What a heavy load. I wish I had that strength.

Secondly, in the book he meets a man who becomes his friend...Leonard. I learned that friends will get you through a LOT in life and mine continuously do. For all of my friends out there, Thank you!!!! May everyone be so lucky to have a friend!!!

I'm looking forward to reading the sequel...My Friend Leonard...over Christmas break!!!

On another note, I've gotten a lot of comments on writing a children's book. You've all inspired me!! Any ideas how I go about that are GREATLY appreciated.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

I haven't read it, but it does sound interesting...I'll have to check this one out too!

carin.c said...

I have to check this one out - TFS!
A children's book sounds fun - I've nothing to offer on that but I've thought about looking into as well.

Unknown said...

Note to self: add another book to the list for the library.