Saturday, February 05, 2011

Joy of Love: Day 5

I have literally been thinking about this prompt since it showed up in my email inbox. At first it didn't make sense in my head (as is often the case). How can you love to hate something? You either love it or you hate it. How does it go together?? I asked my hubby what it meant to him, I called my Mom and asked what it means to her, I asked my Mother in law what it meant to her but still it really didn't mean anything to me.
DAY 5: Love To Hate
I first focused on Jeffrey but I couldn't think of anything that he does that I love to hate. I could think of a hundred things that he probably hates about me but I couldn't think of the vise versa. (A little wake up call) Then he laid across the bed, turned on the tv and started recording all of his fishing shows. THAT'S IT!!!! I could focus on Jeffrey and his love of fishing. His multiple fishing poles which I know are supposed to catch different fish but why do you need so many? Really, I should count them while he's gone tomorrow. Gone where you ask? Fishing of course! He fishes on his days off and on the days where he can't fish, he watches other people fish on the multiple fishing shows that he has recorded. BUT is it a love to hate??? Not really! Why??? Because he always asks if it is ok for him to go, if the kids have anything that he has to do/attend, or if I mind if he goes. It can't really be a hate if it doesn't interfere with anyone else and he's doing it just to have some time or if it's just a fun day for him and Nicholas.
Back to square one. *sigh*
Focus on me and the fact that I drive myself crazy when I repeatedly can't find my keys or my wallet or my sunglasses or my black bag or my..... The list is endless but I can't really write about me can I???
I decide to take a break from thinking and throw in a load of laundry while the kids are watching a movie when all of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks. I FOUND MY LOVE TO HATE!!!! The thing that drives me crazy each time I see it! No matter how many times I say NOT to do it or SHOW them how to do it, they still do it! The thing that makes me talk under my breath! The thing that makes me say words in my thoughts that I can't repeat while the children are around!
What is it???
Socks that get thrown in the laundry INSIDE OUT!
I don't want to fix them, I can't wash them inside out because they won't get clean, and if they had just taken them off the right way.....blah blah blah!
So to everyone that lives in my house, I hate the fact that ALL of your socks end up inside out but I love you all enough to put them right before I throw them in the wash. Then when they are folded and put away and ready for you to wear again, you'll notice how clean they are and want to take them off the right way.
No??
I know I know...
Wishful thinking :-)


But I do love all of you!!!

No comments: