Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Rain, rain, go away

I know there is a difference between East Coast bad weather and West Coast bad weather. For everyone from the East Coast who is about to read this....STOP now! My West Coast friends, read on! :-)

A bad weather day for us in CA consists of nothing more than a bunch of rain. My children have been bothering me lately to buy them an umbrella. Well, I finally caved and as my luck would have it, that week was filled with nothing but sunny days. Because we had the ever-tempting umbrellas in sight, that week was filled with LOTS of umbrella etiquette. We don't open them in the house, we only open them on rainy days, umbrellas are not toys, the safest distance between two umbrellas so a sibling doesn't get poked, blah blah. And "STOP asking me for them!!"

Lucky for me, my children are not good at breaking the rules and being secretive. I could hear the laughs and squeals as they thought they were pulling a fast one on me and opening the umbrellas in their rooms. This resulted in me, confiscating umbrellas, and then listening to screams of unhappiness.

Late one night, my luck changed when I heard pouring down rain hitting the window. They were getting ready for bed and unwinding for the night but I yelled for the kids and shipped their little bodies outside in the rain with new umbrellas in tow. Bare feet, no jacket, I didn't care.

I became cool again!!! :-)


No comments: