Friday, March 13, 2009

Just when you think...

My list of things for this weekend is the longest that it has been in a while. I feel completely overwhelmed but I have to stop myself mid-stress and remember that somehow everything will get done. The problem is, just when I think that I can't fit another single thing in, something happens to prove me wrong and the list keeps getting longer.
Case in point...Nicholas has his last basketball game at 11:00, Isabella has a birthday party from 10-12 (thank you Meg for taking her), the kids and I are driving to Sacramento (2 hours) in the afternoon, spending the night, and watching Mommy run in a race with her friends Sunday morning. Rush back home for a family birthday party plus meet the newest cousin. Did I mention that this will all be without Jeff who is working all weekend? Don't forget all of the normal house stuff (laundry, groceries, clean for business on Monday, blah, blah)!
That being said, Isabella got a fabulous idea Friday night 4:30ish.
I: Mom, can I get my hair cut up to my shoulders?
M: Sure! I can't go right now because I'm working but we will.
I: Can we go tonight?
M: It will probably have to wait until next weekend. We have so much to do before our trip.
She seemed satisfied with my answer, handed over the scissors that she was holding, and went outside to play. Five minutes goes by, she's coming in the house sad, and after asking what was wrong, she answered...
I: I want to cut my hair up to my shoulders. (persistant little brat)
M: OK Bella, we will. It just can't be right now. (slight irritation)
I: But I already started!!! :-)
And started she did!! *sigh*
Little did I know but at that moment I was proven wrong. I did have time in my night for a trip to the haircut store. Add that to the list, then cross it off!! :-)
The initial cut...long on one side, not so much on the other!

The haircut store fixing what (a happy) Isabella started!!

The final "do"....Super CUTE!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! :-) Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Isabella! What do you want to be when you grow-up? A BEAUTITION? Love you- Grandma Cheyann