Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Nicholas is really into drawing right now. He was getting in the habit of "messing up" (in his mind) so he would take the entire picture, crumble it up, and throw it away. While in Disneyland, I used Mr. Walt Disney"s claim to fame to my benefit and made up my own story....
While creating Mickey Mouse, Mr. Disney probably made a lot of "mistakes" but he didn't start over. He just fixed what he thought was wrong; therefore, saving the parts that he worked so hard on. By doing this, he was able to create a lot more characters that we saw at the park. (Do little white lies count?)
Nicholas bought into my story, got right up, went to the table and drew the most incredible picture of Mickey Mouse that brought tears to my eyes. (It's in the trailer and I'll post it as soon as I can retrieve it). He really has turned into quite a little artist! We have a lot less "mess ups" and a lot more amazing artowrk for our walls!
In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, here is Nicholas's interpretation of The Cat In The Hat.....
Picasso? No
Butticci? Yes


1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go Nick!!! He did a great job!