Monday, March 16, 2009

I did it!!! :-)

Sunday morning, a group of my friends and I competed in the Shamrock'n Half marathon in Sacramento. They all ran the entire race but I competed on a relay team. My relay partner ran the first 7 miles on flat surface and I ran the last 6 that had some hills. It was a cloudy cold morning but it was perfect for running. Everyone finished in "rockstar" time and my team placed 66th out of 178 all female relay teams. Yeah us!
At the final stretch, we entered a Triple A baseball stadium. We came in around the bullpen area and the finish line was between third base and home plate. What an amazing way to finish such a long run! Your image in the big screen, your name called as you cross the finish line, hundreds and hundreds of people cheering but the best part for me???
My cheering section!! It doesn't get any better than finishing my first (longest) run and hearing my friends and especially my kids yelling for me! *sniffle*
How CUTE are they?!?!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats, Michelle! How cool! I'm proud of you!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michelle. You are my Hero. I am so proud of you, I love you..Mom