Friday, August 18, 2006

My Samantha



Here is my Sammy Girl just relaxing and being herself. She was the runt of a flea-infested litter from a stray that wandered into Marnie's parent's house, my roommate from college. I took her from her mother early, what seems like forever ago, but only 1993. We drove 6 hours to Baltimore in my VW beetle and 7 years later, we drove for three days to CA in my VW jetta. Quite the traveler for a feline....Ohio, PA, MD, VA, DC, TN, AR, OK, TX, NM, AZ, and finally CA. For the last 3 years she has been living with her best friend, Abagail, at Jeff's parents.
Well, after 13 years together, we all had to say goodbye to Sammy Wednesday night. We all loved her dearly and we know she loved us back. July 17, Sammy's birthday, has been declared "Samantha's Day' and we'll all have a tuna sandwich in her honor. We'll miss you, Samantha!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest In Peace Samantha: You will be missed.

Robin said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. I remember Samantha very well and I know how much she meant to you. Be greatful for the many years of friendship and know that she had a better life than a lot of kids in the world. Rest in peace in Samantha.