Thursday, June 15, 2006



We have a rule in our house. As long as one of our children is an infant, no one is allowed to ask me if I'm tired. The answer is YES, will always be YES and at the risk of me answering scarcastically, don't ask. In a perfect world, I could fall asleep with the children and wake up as refreshed as they are but I forgot to request the "Magic Fairy" when I became a Mother. Apparently she will come into my home and clean, pay bills, return phone calls, and get everything ready for the next day. How come no one told me about her sooner???? Lately Gabriella shows no signs of sleeping through the night so YES, I'm tired.
Jeffrey is in his second month of graveyard shift. Combine that with overtime, court, and three children, he too is tired. So far, no one has broken the rule because we are too tired to spend unnecessary energy on asking silly questions.
As you can see, our children are lucky enough to sleep peacefully all night, nap during the day...3 naps for Gabriella..., and get plenty of rest. As long as that happens, Jeff and I don't stand a chance. We need one good night to even the playing field. I'll keep you posted...Nite Nite!!!

No comments: