Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mother's Day came a little late for me this year. An overview of our day looked like this. We packed up the children and the trailer to head home after a weekend at Pismo Beach, drove for 5 and 1/2 hours, unpacked, dinner, dove into our nighttime routine, and got ready for Monday morning. Definitely not the Let-Mom-Get-Some-Rest Day that we Mom's envision. At any rate, it was quick, almost painless, but gone in a flash. Fast forward a week.
With Gabriella now in her crib, Nicholas and Isabella are sharing a room for a while. I put everyone down for bed on Monday night and before going to bed myself, I went to check on them. Nicholas and Isabella were sound asleep but holding hands....aaaww, sweet!!!! Tuesday, after getting himself ready for school, eating, and running out to the car, Nicholas ran back into the house. I asked what he forgot this time and he said he needed a kiss and loves from Isabella. She ran to the door, they kissed and hugged, and he told her that he loved her and she reciprocated. "I'll see you after school" she yelled.
I know this really has nothing to do with me but I will take this moment on any given day over a table full of cards and flowers, and yes, even over a couple extra hours sleep. Happy Mother's Day to me!!!! :-)

1 comment:

Magz said...

awwww! How SWEET!!
I can't wait until my little girls are old enough to do wonderful stuff like that!