Monday, March 28, 2011

Isabella, the Real Original

Sat morning was spent with all 5 of us treading down to the post office to get Isabella her first passport. The plan was for all five of us to get them done but with each child being $110, Jeffrey being $135, and mine being renewed for $110, we decided to space them out a little bit. Since Isabella will be the first child to go on a trip, she gets hers done first.
Bella has been invited to go with Steve and Carol (Jeff's Mom and Dad) on vacation this summer to Washington state and visit her Aunts, Uncle and cousin. She has a few months to think it over although right now she is super excited. Getting her passport photo and the passport itself, she wanted to tell everyone where she was going. Knowing Isabella, the excitement won't diminish!
At any rate, I filled out all of the paperwork and there we stood handing over a check and her birth certificate. When I realized that I wasn't getting the birth certificate back, a moment of panic overcame me. After the govt checks everything out they will return it by mail but I didn't want to mail it away and risk the possibility of not getting the original back.
It was then that real and true PANIC hit me (along with a slight outer body moment). If I'm feeling this way over a piece of paper, how will I feel when Isabella (the real original) goes?
OMGoodness, she's going on a trip!
OMGoodness, she's going on a trip without me!
OMGoodness, she's going on a trip without me and leaving the country!
Before I let it my emotions get the best of me I reminded myself that she'll be with her Grandparents and the crazy boat that is my mind, safely came back into harbor. The sanity rope that had all of my crazy thoughts was reeled back in and my mind was returned back to the room where Isabella was asking the passport lady if she had processed Grandma and Papa's passports too.
She is excited.
I'm excited for her.
It will be a fabulous trip for everyone.
And where it will take 4-6 weeks for the passport to come in the mail, Isabella will only be gone for 2.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

At least she won't be going on a plane without you! Lucas is super excited that Bella is coming this summer. Wish you guys were comin' too!