Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Catching up!

Life just seems to be flying by at such a fast pace these days and before I know it, so much time has elapsed. So. here are the cliffnotes on life here on the West coast!

July is usually the month that the kids and I head "home" for a few weeks. This year was a first for us. We weren't able to make the trip this year because my surgery got scheduled for July 7th. After anticipating it for months, I started freaking out the closer and closer it got. The day came and went without any excitement and recovery was just as exciting. I went in on a Tuesday, came home Wednesday night, and laid on the couch for a couple days. Other than a spinal headache , which gets cured only with massive amounts of caffeine (who knew), I had no pain and recovery went smoothly. I'd like to report that I laid on the couch for the entire 8 weeks and was waited on hand and foot but that would be an outright lie. I was up and about 4 days later. Doing too much? yes! Doing things I was told not to do? yes! With a business, husband that is working, and three children, sitting for 8 seconds really isn't a luxury, let alone 8 weeks!! :-)

August brought Mom and Tom out for 2 weeks for a visit. What a huge help that was. We ended up camping for a weekend and Mom helped with the kids a whole lot. We got the kids ready for school, the laundry room painted, but mostly we just hung out. A nice relaxing visit. Two weeks go by WAY too quickly!!

We are now into our fourth week of school for the kids and all is going well. Homework for the kids, soccer for Nicholas, schedules for everyone. We just took the children to Pismo Beach for Labor Day weekend and Jeff and I just returned from a weekend in Vegas for the CHP Softball Tournament (pictures coming soon). Busy, busy, busy!!!

On a sad note, I lost a good friend just two weeks ago. A young beautiful friend, wife, and mother of two was taken entirely too early. She accomplished so much in her short 31 years. Can't help but think about life a little differently.

Some pictures of our crazy couple weeks...
While Mom and Tom were here, we got to celebrate Tom's 67th birthday. Chocolate cake, chocolate iciing! YUM!

Mom and the kids at the lake...

Mom and Tom painting the laundry room! :-)

No comments: