Monday, August 20, 2012

First day of School


It has been a whole year since I've posted. Where has the time gone? After a fun and busy summer, the kids are back into the swing of things starting today.
I'm so excited for this year. Nicholas has a teacher that is new to our school but has experience at the middle school level which means she will have him ready for 6th grade. I know its a year away but I always want the kids to be prepared! He's excited about school this year too which also makes it nice.
Isabella has always been my school lover. She started counting down the days to go back to school at 63 days! She loves homework, her friends, and this year, she LOVES her teacher.She couldn't wait to get there this morning!!!
Now my sweet Gabby seemed excited this morning but when it was time to separate from her sister, me or Jeffrey, she wasn't real thrilled. Her eyes welled up with tears and when I left her sitting in her big desk with her name tag and purple play doh, she was a little sad. I'm just hoping it dosn't take her til Martin Luther King Day to stop crying (like her Kindergarten year)!!!
I didn't get many pictures of Nicholas this morning because he started his first day with Safety patrol. He was with the Vice Principal at 8:05 and helped the parents and students navigate the school yard and find their classrooms. My big responsible boy!!!

Bella on her first day :-)

Gabriella on her first day :-)

Can't get by without a funny face pic :-)

Jeffrey and the kids!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Love them! Glad to see you back on your blog!!

Amy said...

Glad to see a post here! Tell Bella that her teacher LOVES her! :-)

Anonymous said...

hey, got your old blog,, read it again and decided to tell youon this,,, i got my cookies. yumm yum. so sweet of you, none of my family likes them but me--- SOOOOOO, i get to eat them alllll. i asked my friend who use to sell girl scout cookies how much they were,,she said,,,, i haven't been selling them for 25 years. guess they went up'' well when i get some money rounded up--i will send you some..
these pics of the kids are soooooooo cute. take care, stay safe. i hope you get this. lov ya louie.